You and Your Patients--Avoiding a Dental Malpractice Claim
by Kathy Everitt
Wednesday, December 27, 2017
This "Take Five" article offers the following tips for you and your patients:
- Be selective when taking on new patients, especially those with complaints and criticisms about their prior care.
- Maintain good communication with patients on all issues including care, treatment, billing and finances.
- Do not allow patients to dictate care.
- Be sensitive to patient privacy issues.
- Do not criticize the care of another provider to the patient.
As always, if you have questions about how to apply these tips to reduce risk in your practice, don't hesitate to call PSIC's Claims Advice Hotline at 800-640-6504.