Personalized Risk Assessment
On-site risk assessment to identify practice risks and provide improvement measures to protect the safety of your patients. Request an onsite risk assessment today.
PSIC physician policyholders can request an onsite Personalized Risk Assessment (PRA) by completing the form below.
This assessment helps:
- Identify potential areas of risk in your practice.
- Determine your risk tolerance level.
- Identify needed risk management activities.
Full-time physicians may qualify for a premium discount* with a minimum overall score of 70% or better. The discount is based on the score achieved during the on-site PRA. Discounts are applied to policy renewals effective Jan. 1 the following year and are valid for two years.
The goal of the PRA is a heightened awareness of risk areas in your practice and improved patient safety. The topics covered during the assessment include:
- Documentation practices
- Medication management
- Staffing concerns
- Scheduling concerns
- Tracking of labs, diagnostic tests and referrals
- Patient education
- Communication practices
The PRA is a very simple process that may qualify you for a premium discount. Following are the steps involved to get started on your assessment and what to expect during the assessment.
- Complete the form below
- A PSIC Risk Manager will contact you to schedule appointment
- Assessment conducted in your office; this includes:
- Answering a series of questions from Risk Manager (approximately 45 minutes)
- Reviewing policy and procedure documents (approximately 30 minutes)
- Reviewing select, random patient medical records for each physician (approximately 30-45 minutes per physician)
- Exit meeting which includes verbal report of findings (30 minutes)
- Final assessment is emailed to physician or designated office personnel
Preparing for Your PRA
You'll find additional information on what to expect during your PRA in this document.