Dental Program Highlights
At PSIC, we understand it takes years to build a reputation, but it can quickly be ruined. That's why we take the time to help you understand your choices.
Malpractice Coverage to Meet Your Unique Needs
The PSIC policy provides coverage for professional services rendered which are within the scope of practice in the state you are licensed, trained and qualified to practice. Working with PSIC you have many different dental coverage options to choose from.
Occurrence and Claims-Made Coverages Available - While there is no difference in the kind of injury or damaged covered under these two plans, they differ in how and when coverage is triggered.
Occurrence policiies provide coverage against claims for alleged incidents that occur while the policy is/was in force. Occurrence policies offer a steady base premium that does not increase as the policy matures.
Claims-Made policies provide coverage against claims for alleged incidents that both occur and are reported during the policy period. Claims-Made policies offer a lower premium during the early years of the policy, which steps up each year until reaching a five-year maturity. Potential coverage gaps can occur with a Claims-Made policy so you may need to purchase additional coverage to ensure a gap in coverage doesn't occur.
Cyber Liability Coverage - Starting at a $50,000 aggregate limit for nine areas of coverage, including multimedia, network security and privacy, privacy regulatory defense and penalties, privacy breach/patient notification and credit monitoring expenses, network asset protection, cyber extortion, cyber terrorism, brand guard and PCI DSS assessment.
- Extended Reporting Coverage - Provided at no additional charge for death or total and permanent disability, or total retirement at age 55 after 5 years of continuous claims-made coverage with PSIC. For policyholders with less than 5 years of continuous coverage with PSIC who retire at or after age 55, a 20% extended reporting credit applies for each full year of continuous coverage.
- Tail Coverage - An optional endorsement allows you to report claims for alleged injuries that occur while your claims-made policy was in force but after it has ended.
- Professional Entity Coverage - Provides coverage to your corporation or professional entity. With PSIC, you have the option of sharing the limits of your personal malpractice insurance policy with your entity or purchasing sepearate limits for an additional premium.
- Government Proceedings Defense Costs - PSIC will pay up to $25,000 for state disciplinary proceedings and Quality Improvement Organization Sanction Proceeding.
- Consent-to-Settle - No case is ever settled without your written consent, giving you full voice in settlement issues. There are no policy conditions penalizing you if consent is not granted.
Limits and Discounts
PSIC offers a variety of discounts and limits.
- Discounts Available - For remaining claims-free, working part-time hours and for new graduates.
- Policy Limits - We offer policy limit ranges from $100,000/$300,000 to $2,000,000/$4,000,000. Check with a PSIC appointed agent or contact us to discuss availabiltiy in your state.
For additinal inforamtion on coverage types and limits, visit the Learning Center Malpractice Insurance section.